Sunday, September 4, 2011

Bistro Byronz - The Best Non-Brownie Brownie Ever


And the Taste Buds Say....
A-Mazing!  This was so delicious!  Even though it's techically not an actual brownie... it's pretty dang close... in fact this is more of a brownie then Stone Werks so claimed brownie is a brownie.  You can read the story below to see why I am posting it at all if it's technically not a brownie, but let me tell you about this Heavenly Hash Supreme.  It was a cakelike/brownielike goodness that had marshmallows and almonds scattered in it.  Then topped with three generous scoops of vanilla ice cream, THEN drizzled with carmel and chocolate syrup and THEN a light  sprinkle of power sugar.  OH MY GOODNESS... it was delicious! 


 If you are ever in Shreveport or Baton Rouge... check it out.  The rest of the food on the menu is just as good.  


The Memory and Adventure behind the Brownie a la mode...


This is actually an old memory.  This was back in May when I experienced this goodness.   I was out in Shreveport visiting my dear best friend Lisa and her husband Andrew.  Lisa and Andrew would soon be expecting their fist little baby girl.  I was so excited for them.  So I drove out to help Lisa with the nursery.  They had already done a lot of the big stuff, but she just had her showers and all the little stuff needed to be done.  So I went to spend the weekend with them.  


It was a fun weekend.  Lisa and I went to breakfast, cute little baby boutiques, Hobby Lobby, and who knows where else.  We went home and got to work decorations.  The nursery turned out so cute!  We loved it.  At one point Andrew said to Lisa, "I'm so glad she came because I would not want to do any of that stuff.  I'm glad she came to do it with you."  


That night we went to dinner at Bistro Byronz.  This is right after I decided to do my blog.  This technically should be my third brownie entry.  I asked our server if they had a brownie a la mode.  She said, "We have something that is like a brownie, but it's not technically a brownie, we describe it as a cake."  Then she got real soft, leaned in and said, "But I think it's a brownie."  She went on to describe it... wow... that sounds delicious.  I told her, "I don't need it if it's not a brownie.  I do a blog on brownie a la modes."  She was intrigued and said, "well, you should try it any ways.  I'm going to get you one to try."  OK..  I'm not going to pass that down!  So she brought us the goodness you see above... we ate every bite.  She asked how it was.  I said, "It's the best non-brownie brownie I have ever had."  When the bill came I told her I would take the bill and she said, "Oh, no.  That was on the house.  I got it for you."  Every bite became even better at that moment.  It was the nicest thing ever, so I made sure to be nice in my tip to her.  So that is why I had to put it in my blog.    


It was a wonderful weekend with wonderful friends and yummy non brownies.  

No comments:

Post a Comment