Sunday, September 25, 2011

Red Robin - To Think There Could Have Been More....


And the Taste Buds Say....
This is a pretty yummy brownie.  Red Robin is one of my favorite places to eat.  I always have great customer service...yummy burger and De-lious bottomless fries.  My new love there is the Apple something salad.  Oh man that is so good...and which is good that I like it because now I can have the salad and not feel bad about getting the Brownie a la mode.   I have never found anything on that menu I don't like, and the Brownie a la mode continues to keep this a true statement.  Our server, Justin and the manager, hooked us up with a half order of the brownie a la mode.  We were already stuffed and just wanted to taste it to blog about it and they totally hooked us up.   So, don't be fooled by the pictures above... this goodness is really much bigger.  The brownie was good.  The presentation was very inviting.  I couldn't wait to eat it!   It was more on the cakey side, but really good.  So if you like cakey brownies, you will like this one.  I loved the Blue Bell Ice Cream... can't go wrong with Blue Bell.  I loved the carmel and chocolate swirls.  The brownie was warm which is always a plus... or actually and exclamation point.  It did have nuts it in.  I liked the nuts, Steven doesn't like nuts in his brownies, so he wasn't a fan of that part.  

Over all, I thought it was a yummy brownie a la mode.  I would defiantly order it again... this time I would order the full order of goodness.    

I would give it 3.75 scoops of ice cream out of 5.  

The Memory and Adventure Behind the Brownie....
Steven and I were starving one night this week, so we decided to go to Red Robin for dinner. Any time with Steven is always a good time....and this time it was no different.  At dinner when the brownie a la mode came we asked Justin for a menu.  I needed it to take the picture.  So, he went to go get it, but mean while I have this bowl of goodness sitting in front of me that can't be eaten until I take a picture with the menu.  Justin, must have gotten side tracked by his other tables, and was taking awhile to come back with this oh so important thing... I mean, really what's more important, a crazy lady that blogs about brownies and her menu or someone putting in their order or having their actual food brought to them... don't answer that.... so we are waiting.  Justin ain't comin', so Steven gets up and goes over to the table next to us and asked the Dad if he could barrow his menu for just one minute.  It was awkward and weird... and totally Steven.  

After a LONG visit to Pro Bass Shop, Steven unwillingly helped me put up a shelf on my bedroom wall.  It was a project I attempted a few nights back that didn't really reach that of what other people would call success.  So I asked Steve, "Mr. I can fix anything", to help me.    The rest of the evening was spent making fun of me and the way I did it earlier.  He made the comment that I need to get a handy man.  I told him I am looking for a permanent one.  After a good long while, the shelf got put up.  Mirrors and candles placed there on and wha-la... beauty all around.  It took a little longer than needed, but that's what happens when you're having to fix things done wrong the first time.... thanks Steven for your help.

2 comments:

  1. Uminski, this post is really old. You need to eat a brownie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what the?! we should have gone to Red Robin while you were here! I've never had their desserts. Next time you're here let's do it! :)

    ReplyDelete