Saturday, July 14, 2012

Yes, it's ALL for ME




And the Taste Buds Say....
Oh my!  This brownie was De-lis-ious!  The brownie was warm and gooey!  As you can see it is topped with a mile high of ice cream and whipped cream.... almost too much.  It took awhile to get to the goodness of the brownie.  I did like the presentation and the carmel with the chocolate drizzle.  It was worth every bite... well, everyone I could take before I was stuffed!  

The Story Behind the Brownie...
This is a pretty funny story.  I was out at St. Charles for work (parish outside of New Orleans).  One of the guys at work came up to me after class and said with a straight face, "Ok, the real question here is, where have you eaten and are you being taken care of?"  At the time I'd only been to Wendy's and other known places out of pure convenience... he was so disappointed.  He gave me a LONG list of places I needed to eat at while I was there... and future trips.  Two of which are my two favorite places to eat at when I go there now.  One was Drago's.  He said I had to go to Drago's and try their grilled oysters.  So, I did.  That night I when I got there, I just took a seat at the bar since it was just me and I didn't want to wait for a table.  So, I know I'm going to get the brownie a la mode, so I keep dinner small.  I order a half order of the grilled oysters.... which were AMAZING!... and a cup of tomato bisque soup... which was DELECTABLE!  Oh my goodness!  I wanted to lick the cup!...so I had this small little meal and then I order the brownie a la mode... now keep in mind, the people around me have all come and gone, so I have a whole new crowd around this single lonely young girl.... and out comes this monstrous mountain of goodness and is placed right in front of me!  Everyone around me has these huge eyes looking at me trying not to stare.... the guy next to me starts laughing and says, "Are you going to eat all of that?"  "That's the plan!"  And in I went.... and I almost made it... but as you can see, didn't quite make it.  As I'm leaving, the guy looks at me and says, "I must say, I'm impressed."  Yup, I got skills!


1 comment: