Monday, July 16, 2012

Outrageous Indeed!



And the Taste Buds Say....
Outrageous Indeed!  So, I know what you are thinking, "Ummmm, there's no ice cream... there's no whipped cream, no chocolate goodness drizzled all over...That's no brownie a la mode!"  It's true, it's not.  But it's a dang good brownie and who am I to discriminate any brownie?  Especially when it was made by my dear friend Kerstin!  Let me tell you about the brownie... it's call Outrageous Brownie by Ina Garten on the Food Network.  It seriously was so good.  Kerstin even took extra care to order the chocolate from a place in Pennsylvania!  When she brought it to the restaurant she actually had it in a cooler and served it cold!  It was so delicious.  There were chocolate chunks it in with a nice 'crusty' top with a chewy inside.  I have to agree, I think this is one of the best "regular" brownie I have had in a long time!  I give it 5... well, "non" scoops of ice cream!  


The Story Behind the Brownie
This brownie is actually from over a year ago.  It's quite sad how long it has taken me to post this story.  My dear friend Kerstin is AMAZING!  I mean, this girl can bake, cook, raise children, do crafts, serve in the church, be a good daughter, sister, wife, everything.... with a smile.  But she loves to bake and cook.  When she saw my blog she said, "I want to make you the best brownie I have ever had!"  So she did!  And it was the best brownie I have ever had.  As was mentioned above, she ordered the chocolate from a store in Pennsylvania, just for this brownie.  She is pretty amazing.


Kerstin and I go way back!  In fact, I have known her so long, I don't remember actually meeting her.  I knew her sister before I knew her.  I believe it was when I returned home from a year and half mission for my church that I met Kerstin.  We had some fun times hanging out together in our 20's!  Living it up!  One of my favorite memories of Kerstin (I have several, but I'll share just one...) is every year for Chinese New Year.  Kerstin does it right... she puts the Chinese to shame on her cooking!  She always prepares tons of yummy food and has everyone over to celebrate.  I loved those times because it always brought our group together.  As we all started to grow up, some got married, had kids, and life started changing from our single 20 years, we always knew that at least we had the Chinese New Year to bring us together.  Even though the food was amazing, it wasn't the food that brought us together, it was our friendship.  When I think about Kerstin, I can't help but think of kindness...and individual kindness.  She is the type of person that is very individual in what she does.  If she knows you like something specific, you can guarantee there will be that at her party or she will bring it to you if she sees it.  That's why I think there is so much food at the parties... she is catering to everyone's likes.  I love this girl!  


Thank you Kerstin for my brownie... I loved it!

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more with everything you said here! Kerstin is a wonderful, beautiful, thoughtful person! :)
    AND the brownie WAS delish!

    ReplyDelete