Friday, June 10, 2011

Where it All Began - at Huey's in Memphis


And the taste buds said.....

Not worth stopping for, but good enough....
I thought the brownie was a little dry.  It wasn't warm, so the ice cream didn't even slightly melt, which made it like two separate desserts.  It was good if you wanted to get the taste of a brownie, but nothing I would come back to again.  

Huey's burgers are yummy and delicious, but brownie a-la-mode, not that great.  


ADVENTURE and STORY with the BROWNIE.....

Why a blog about brownies?  Because I LOVE brownies!  Brownies are my favorite.  I am a brownie consumer.  One year for my birthday I received 6 different dozens of brownies.  My birthday "cake' is offten...you got it... a brownie.

So what is this blog all about?  I started doing a lot of traveling for work lately and several trips are to the same place, so I thought, "How and I going to make this exciting?  What can I do to make it fun to go back to these places?"  One day when I was in Memphis it hit me... I am going to find the best brownie a-la-mode.  So there it began.  I was a dinner at Rendaviuos sucking on my last finger to get the last drop of amazing sauce from my dry rub ribs, when I asked my incredibly cute server, "Do you all have a brownie a-la-mode?"  "No we don't, but I can tell you where you can get an amazing one...."  My flight was leaving in 1.5 hours, so I didn't have time to find that "amazing one", so instead I settled for a close one.  Should not have settled.  At that point I realized, I need to find that brownie... and... I should let people know that this one I was eating was NOT worth stopping for... so here I am in my quest to share with the world, or who ever reads my little part of my world, what I think is the best brownie a-la-mode.

2 comments:

  1. My favorite Christmas dessert is making a brownie-a-la-mode, but you have to do it Christmas style with mint chocolate chip ice cream and a red cherry on top - of course the brownie, chocolate sauce, and whipped cream cannot be forgotten. Truly heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I love it Susan! I think I know my new post come Christmas time! :)

    ReplyDelete