Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Freebirds - Not an A-la-mode, but it's a brownie...

And the Taste Buds Say....
So I know this is not a Brownie a-la-mode, BUT...it's a brownie and this is my blog, so I feel I can bend the rules for some special occasions.  I love Freebirds.  I go there regularly and I love the Freebird burrito on wheat tortilla, with rice, black beans, mixed cheese, chicken (half dark/ half white meat), lettuce, tomatoes, corn and lime juice.... something like that.  At the end of the line is a pretty little basket full of delicious, yummy, Pot Brownies.  So, I thought that I could add it to my blog.  Give it a shout out.  


My taste buds say, yum.  The nice thing about these brownies is that they are big and it takes me a long time to eat it.  I usually get it at lunch, so I get to snack on it through the day at work.  I love the fact that these are chewy and have little bits of chocolate chips in them.  


Adventure and Memory behind the brownie...


In this particular brownie experience, I was joined with the great company of the one and only Janet S.  I am so blessed to have such a wonderful friend.  This night we went to dinner and then went to see Bradley Cooper on the big screen... I don't remember the movie or the plot or anything about the movie... I just remember Bradley Cooper.  Just kidding.  We went and saw Limitless with Jamie Jackson.  It was a good movie and I truly did enjoy the movie, the plot and everything.  That night Janet and I ended up sitting in the car talking for over an hour.  We of course solved all the problems of the world in our late night talk... so you are all welcome.  :)  


Favorite Janet Memories:
Janet and I have been friends since my Freshman year of High School.  I have so many memories, so the ones that come to the top of my head are:



  • Walking to the other campus in HS after early morning seminary... or cramming all of us into the car to get a ride.
  • Camping at Enchanted Rock.  Staying up all night talking.  In the morning, the rest of the people at Enchanted Rock were very very very upset with us.
  • Sleepover with young women church group.  We all snuck out and went to TP someone's house. "In the Jungle the Mighty Jungle...." was the song that was on the radio on our victory ride back. 
  • Janet telling her story of falling at  college.... Janet telling any story at that!
  • Trip out to Arizona to visit Janet.  Went to an ABBA cover band... holy hanna!  Funny stuff!
  • And how could I not list our amazing experience when Janet flew in and we went to NKOTB concert!  One of the happiest days of my life!  I wouldn't want to share it with anyone other than Janet!
  • And many many more!  I could make my own blog all about Janet!
My favorite qualities about Janet:  Her kindness, seriously the nicest person you will ever meet.  She is so giving.  Her laugh!  I love it when you get her going... which some of the times, it's Janet that gets herself going!  :)  Her inappropriateness!  Yes, I love this about Janet.  I love that I can be real around her and don't have to hide things... I love that when you say something, you can see it in Janet's eyes that she is thinking about something different and making what you are saying ten times funnier!  




   

1 comment:

  1. My face is as red as your blog background! You are the greatest Kati!

    ReplyDelete