Saturday, June 11, 2011

What the brownie?

Why a blog about brownies?  Because I LOVE brownies!  Brownies are my favorite.  I am a brownie consumer.  One year for my birthday I received 6 different dozens of brownies.  My birthday "cake' is offten...you got it... a brownie.

So what is this blog all about?  I started doing a lot of traveling for work lately and several trips are to the same place, so I thought, "How and I going to make this exciting?  What can I do to make it fun to go back to these places?"  One day when I was in Memphis it hit me... I am going to find the best brownie a-la-mode.  So there it began.  I was at dinner at Rendezcous sucking on my last finger to get the last drop of amazing sauce from my dry rub ribs, when I asked my incredibly cute server, "Do you all have a brownie a-la-mode?"  "No we don't, but I can tell you where you can get an amazing one...."  My flight was leaving in 1.5 hours, so I didn't have time to find that "amazing one", so instead I settled for one that was close.  Should not have settled.  At that point I realized, I need to find that brownie... and... I should let people know that this one I was eating was NOT worth stopping for... so here I am in my quest to share with the world, or who ever reads my little part of my world, what I think is the best brownie a-la-mode. 

A week later, I was celebrate my friend Rebecca's birthday and of course needed to order a brownie a-la-mode.  As I was talking about the brownie and that I was going to start taking pictures of my brownies, Rebecca said, "You need to start a blog about this...." and that's when the blog idea began.  Thank you Rebecca for starting this madness!

No comments:

Post a Comment