Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Zio's - "There's a Reason it's Not on the Menu"



And the Taste Buds Say....


It looks better then it really taste.  Not that great... it was ok.  The server said that it was a brownie with ice cream, whip cream, a raspberry sauce and a cherry.... that's sounds yummy enough, so I get it.  As I'm eating it, I did not like the sauce.  I kept thinking, "This wouldn't be that bad, if it wasn't for the sauce."  Then as we got to the bottom, there was a STRAWBERRY!  Yuck!  No wonder I didn't like it.  I don't like strawberries.  So, for someone that does like strawberries, it may not be that bad.  The brownie was a little dry.  


They actually do not have this on the menu.  This is what they give for their birthday congrats.  You have to ask for it.... but my suggestion...don't.  Stick with the stuff they are good at... the chicken and cheese tortellini.  YUMMY!  


ADVENTURE and MEMORY behind the brownie...


This was during a lunch with my friend Ben.  We work close to each other, so we have the opportunity to get together for lunch often.  This time we went to Zio's.  It was right after my birthday and so I asked the server if they had a brownie a-la-mode and he said they sort of did.  It's the one they do for birthdays.... PERFECT, it was just my birthday.  When he brought it out I thought it looked pretty good, but then I started eating it and thought the sauce wasn't good.  The mother and daughter across the aisle from us was eyeing my dessert and said, "What is that?"  I said, "It looks better than it taste."  I don't think they got it.  
Poor Ben has to put up with my silly ideas.  His hand is featured in one of the pictures.  Thanks for humoring me Ben.

No comments:

Post a Comment